Thursday, June 1, 2017

T-
Not sure why I'm writing this. Maybe it's the late nights on graveyard shift when nothing is going on. The lonely and long nights watching over this town.


Heard you moved back to the area. Found myself reading old emails and old messages after stumbling on them. Hard to believe a friendship and brotherhood spanning more than 10 years could fall apart so quickly.


Like I've said more than once, I'm sorry for my part in that. So very sorry.


It's been almost 3 years since we actually spoke. A lot has changed, for both of us.


I wish you would reach out. I still think, after all this time, that the damage could be repaired. I still pray (with what faith I even have anymore) for some kind of brotherly reconciliation.


I wish I could give you a call and fill you in on so many things.


I wish you would give me a call and fill me in on so many things, rather than hearing bits and pieces from others even when I do not ask. We live in a small world, and smaller still is the community we're both in because of the careers we chose.


I wish you would give me the chance to apologize. To you and your wife.


I wish you would give our friendship a chance again. We've both gone through some deep and dark times in our journeys. Times we chose to hurt those around us. Times we are not proud of and work hard to learn from and never return to. You've changed tremendously. So have I. I feel, of all people in this world, you could understand how far a person can change. How far a person can fall, and learn from those mistakes, and become a greater man. I watched you grow so much from who you were. I have tried and continue to try and do the same.


I wish we could compare notes on those changes we have gone through. I wish we could encourage each other. Iron sharpens iron. Brothers fight and argue.


I wish I could change the past. But I cannot.


So I wish for healing, forgiveness, and for my friend back.


I wish you would read this.


But most of all, I wish your life to be fulfilling. For you and your wife to be happy and full of love, and for you to continue to thrive.


Be well brother.

As always. If you feel even a modicum of the same, you know how to reach me.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment